Purpose of the Job:
As a preschool teacher, the main focus is to share the good news of Christ’s salvation, through education; allowing children to learn how to change the future through exploration, creation, and growth.
- Maintain a life of personal and spiritual development and accountability
- Refrain from any social or private behavior considered or interpreted as unbecoming of a devoted follower of Christ including all personal social media presences
- Continual personal development in skills for use in your area of ministry
- Possess a strong passion for serving
- Work ethic that is excellent, protective and frugal with time and money
- Respond to emails and phone call within 48 hours
Education, Experience and Knowledge Required:
- This position requests a minimum of a years’ experience as a lead preschool teacher, or two years as a preschool aide. The successful individual will also possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, database, web, and other related applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create a daily lesson plan which provides a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play. Ensure that a Biblical worldview is part of each lesson taught.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those to the students.
- For children 3 years old and older plan at least one field trip a year.
- Use various learning strategies when available. Begin teaching children the importance of loving Jesus and loving others.
- Attend to the student’s needs, while teaching basic principles which would include, but not limited to, academic, social, and emotional skills.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare materials and classrooms, and or playrooms, for class activities.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment, and have planned activities for them to experience as they enter the classroom.
- Supervise, evaluation, and plan assignments for your aides.
- Collaborate with other team members on lesson planning, evaluations, programs, and projects.
- Attend staff meetings and morning staff prayer time.
- Keep classroom clean and neat. Clean and wipe down classes and bathroom each day after school.
- Communicate with your students and parents on a regular basis.
- Have a binder with student information available for emergency use, and classroom use.
- Connect and build relationships with parents, students, and team members.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate an intimate walk with Jesus which includes daily time spent with Him.
- Be an active partner in a local church
- Other duties as assigned
Extent of Public Contact:
- Daily contact with team members and visitors of Hamilton Hills Church and Preschool
- Contact with staff from other churches, preschools, and organizations